All disability insurance contracts are underwritten by MetLife.
Your executives and other highly compensated employees help to drive the success of your company. MetLife can help you focus on their unique income protection needs.
Help close the gap in coverage for key employees
Employees want to protect their financial wellbeing and increasingly look to their employer for financial security. Your executives and well compensated employees have unique income protection needs. By adding MetLife Disability Income Gap Insurance to an existing or new group Long Term Disability (LTD) plan, you can help close a potentially critical gap in coverage for this employee segment. If you supplement your group disability coverage with individual disability income insurance policies from MetLife, you can provide your key employees with a more robust benefits program and a higher level of income protection. You get the opportunity to:
- Protect income beyond monthly maximums of the existing group plan, and
- Protect incentive compensation, like bonuses and commissions, which some group LTD plans may not cover.
MetLife can design a program that’s right for your company
- MetLife offers policies with robust benefit features and provisions, including Noncancelable and Guaranteed Renewable coverage available.
- Executives might qualify for guaranteed standard issue coverage, which offers simplified underwriting and premium discounts.
- Individual disability income policies are portable, so if your employee leaves the company they can take the coverage with them
- LTD may be offered to all eligible employees, but your highly compensated individuals can be “carved out” for additional supplemental disability income coverage.
- There are flexible payment options that allow the company to pay all, some or none of the premium. You can also choose to pay the premium via a bonus to the employee
- You may be able to reduce the cost of your group LTD plan by decreasing the maximum benefit cap, while also making Individual Disability Income Insurance policies available to highly compensated employees.
- Benefits from Individual Disability Income Insurance policies are generally tax-free, if the employee pays the premiums with after-tax dollars.
Make your coverage work for you and increase the value of your program by choosing
from several optional benefits, including:
- Residual Disability Benefits
- Cost of Living Adjustment
- Catastrophic Disability Benefits
Eligibility & Participation
Disability Income Gap Insurance
Group Size: 5+ or more enrolled
Eligible Employee: 30 Hours per work, or as deemed by the employer and acceptable to WMC/MetLife
More information available here:
- Product Overview
- MetLife Administrative Resources and Form Finder
- To get a quote, please contact WMC at email@example.com
Questions? Contact WMC Insurance at 608-258-3400.